- My Stuff
- Mes infos
- Meine Infos
- FileMaker - English
- FileMaker - French
- FileMaker - German
- FileMaker - Italian
- FileMaker - Japanese
- FileMaker - Spanish
- Bento - English
- Bento - French
- Bento - German
- Bento - Italian
- Bento - Japanese
- Bento - Spanish
- Title:FM Server Advanced 12 Error 701 IWP terminated abnormallyYour post:
In the first few hours after deployment of FM Server Advanced 12, IWP crashed abnormally six times and counting.
The served database, accessed by dozens of users, has been working perfectly on FM Server Advanced 11 for months. This weekend we upgraded to 12 and this Monday morning it is HAVOC.
The alerts say: "2012-07-23 09:58:43.343 -0400 Error 701 [company server name] Instant Web Publishing process has terminated abnormally."
When this happens, looking at the console, the Web Server icon is on Red. Clicking on Green seems to fix it, as does restarting the service. But after a few minutes here we go again. The logs do not show any specific action that occurs in any script or user behavior. It seems to be random. This very same database has been served and accessed without problems for months in 11 until the upgrade.
Can anyone help with insight or advice, please?
PS. The Server machine is running MS Windows Server 2003 R2, Service Pack 2, Intel Xeon CPU E5405 @ 2.00GHz, 4 GB of RAM
- Title:Filemaker Server 11 Web Server crashingYour post:
I am running Filemaker Server in 2-machine configuration with the database server on one machine and the web server components on a second machine.
Since upgrading to FMS11 Advanced from FMS10 Advanced I am getting crashes onthe web server. Going to the IWP page I get an error saying
"System Temporary [sic] Unavailable".
When I log onto the console of the web server I et an error dialog telling me that the fmswpc.exe process has failed. The Windows event is as follows:
szAppName : fmswpc.exe szAppVer : 126.96.36.199 szModName : DBEngine.dll
szModVer : 188.8.131.522 offset : 0007d9f8
This happens about once a week and is causing me some headaches with clients that use IWP.
My setup is as follows
Main Server: Windows 2008 R2 (Database Server)
Web Server: Windows 2003R2 (Web Server, Web Publishing Engine)
Filemaker Server 11 Advanced v 184.108.40.206
What can I do to troubleshoot this issue?
- Title:FMS10Adv, Admin Console is not showing proper Clients status; server not respondingYour post:
I am running the latest Mac OS X Server 10.5.6. (2GHx G5, 7 GB RAM). After upgrading to FileMaker Server 10, I have been having problems with the Admin Console. It doesn't respond correctly. The Connected Clients status only showing one connection, but in fact, there are more than one users connecting to the server. As a result of that, clients would get disconnected from the server unexpectedly. Here is one of the warning messages: "Client XXXX no longer responding; connection close. (51)".
I tried to restart the filemaker server, but it won't let me close it. It seems like the server was not responding. Then, nothing else I could do but to restart the computer in order to get it back to work again. Any ideas I can fix this problems.
- Title:Unable to launch the application : FileMaker Server 11 Admin ConsoleYour post:
The latest Java release Version 6 (update 24) for Windows has caused an error when clicking "Start Admin Console" for FileMaker Server 11 Advanced (note: update 23 worked fine). The java program shows the splash screen, verifies the program, and then stops at "Unable to launch the application." The error message is:
Error: Unexpected exception: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
I found a forum post on FileMaker Server 10, which recommended clearing the Java cache. I cleared the Java cache on the client Windows system and it still does not fix the error.
Does anyone have any additional advice?
- Title:Uninstall FM Server 9 without CD - lost CDYour post:
Hi - I am upgrading from FM Server 9 to 10. In the manual it says to first uninstall version 9 by inserting the CD. I do not have the FM Server 9 CD. Is there another way to install FM Server 9 without using the CD?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Title:Deployment configuration Error - 150 starting the WPE (wpe1) component failedYour post:
Deployment configuration Error - 150 starting the WPE (wpe1) component failed Error code 2500
Where are the error codes defined?
- Title:FMSA 10 stops external authentication; Admin Console can't stop database server or close databasesYour post:
OS: Windows Server 2003 SP2 32-bit
FMSA: Version 10.0.2.206 w/IWP enabled
Our databases are running on FMSA 8 while I work the kinks out of FMSA 10. We have one database on it (plus the sample one) that several people use simultaneously throughout the day. We authenticate using Active Directory, and that works just fine. However, after running for a week or so, the following things happen:
1. external authentication stops working (the FMSA logs record them as failed authentication attempts) so we have to use an account local to the database to get in,
2. FileMaker Server Admin Console will not let you close a database (it ignores you), or stop the database server (it gives you the message "Error encountered trying to shutdown Database Server"), although FileMaker Pro and IWP can still access the databases (using an account local to the database, of course),
3. Windows cannot successfully stop the FileMaker Server service (it tries, and notifies clients that it is going down, but it never finishes).
So, at this point, I restart the Windows server and everything works fine again. But this has happened two times now, and I don't want to move our production databases over from FMSA 8 until FMSA 10 has proved itself stable. I've combed throught the Event Viewer entries, and the FMSA logs, but cannot find anything that appears to explain this behavior.
- Title:FM12 Server - Enable Web Publishing failsYour post:
I have a brand new Windows 2008R2 server on which I installed FileMaker Server 11 a few weeks ago. Last week I uninstalled FileMaker Server 11 and installed 12. When I run the Deployment Assistant for "Enable Web Publishing" I get the following:
THe FileMaker installation process was unable to communicate with the Web Serve you had previously selected.
SETUP:PRECONFIGURE WEB SERVER
Stop web server: succeeded
Creat app fmi-test: succeeded
Restart Web Server: succeeded
Start default web site: succeeded
Update WPE deployment configuration: succeeded
Test web server (http://192.168.66.205:80/fmi-test/test.xml): failed: Return code = 404
A little bit of digging shows that the fmi-test directory was created here:
C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\web-server-support\test\fmi-test
however, there are no signs of any conifguration change in IIS7 or my inetpub directory.
Anyone else running into this?
- Title:Problems datasecurity using browser buttons together with IWPYour post:
Database published with IWP. Data is related to Username. After login user can only see information related to Username. Within FileMaker this works without exception.
Unfortunately the moment I use the buttons of the webbrowser to go back in history instead of the within FileMaker programmed buttons, suddenly I get different information. Also records which are not related to Username.
I am sure that it is not a problem within the database and the approach of data linked to the username, because I have tested that thoroughly.
I am wandering whether this is a safety problem with using a database via Instant Web Publishing or that there is something I have to activate or de-activate to clear out this problem.
I use FileMaker Server Advanced 11 on a windows server. The problem within the browser is tested in IE, Firefox and Safari. All give the same problem.
- Title:Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker ServerYour post:
We are in the healthcare business and we would like to Deploy our EMR via FileMaker Server. We already have an Existing Filemaker Pro 11 database but we are having trouble migrating to the FM Server because of some important features that aren't present in FM Server. I have some important questions:
1) What are my options for web publishing? WE are planning to deplot this to about 50 Nursing Homes-- so we are seriously considering purchasing FM server or FM server Advanced. The thing is---in instant web publishing IMPORT records feature wont work after numerous tries. This is step is vital iin trasferring sorted patient records into a new file.
2) PHP conversion transforms our existing FM pro setup to templates that are a far cry from our original FM PRO layout--so we wish to stick with IWP....but then again, the IMPORT problem
I hope somebody can shed light into this. Help!