- My Stuff
- Mes infos
- Meine Infos
- FileMaker - English
- FileMaker - French
- FileMaker - German
- FileMaker - Italian
- FileMaker - Japanese
- FileMaker - Spanish
- Bento - English
- Bento - French
- Bento - German
- Bento - Italian
- Bento - Japanese
- Bento - Spanish
- Title:2nd posting FMP9 cannot see FMS10 hosted database--why not?Your post:
Why would someone running FMP 9 or FMP 8.5 not be able to access dbases running on FMS 10?
The dbase is clearly up. And my friend in Los Angeles was able to access it with filemaker 7 (maybe 7.5 if there was that release).
But here internally, having connected to the dbase with filemaker Pro 10 from my laptop--if I quit 10 and open 9...9 cannot see the databases.
I'm wondering what, if anything I'm doing wrong.
I, of course, have 10 and so I'm working, but I need two or three colleagues to be accessing these same databases and they cannot with their 9 licenses.
- Title:Filemaker 8.5 having trouble connecting to Filemaker Server 10.Your post:I know with 9.0 you have to update to v3 and I'm testing upgrading 8.5 to v2...but any other suggestions? I can take my computer to the ethernet port in question and log in using FMP 10. But my friend, with identical settings across the board but with 8.5v1, cannot.
- Title:FMS 10 does not seem to be accepting connections from FMPro 9 or 8.5Your post:
Okay. FMS 10v2 installed on a Mac Mini. I can log onto it using FMpro (Advanced) 10 from my laptop on the same subnet. My friend in Los Angeles, using FM 7.5 can log on remotely.
But my co-office workers on FM 9 (or pro 9) or FMpro 8.5 do not see the databases.
They get the "[NAME OF DATABASE]" could not be opened. Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on that host." message.
We are on separate Vlans, but I've logged on from either (physically moved the lap top and tested it.) When I close FMP10 advanced, and open up fmp9 advanced...suddenly, I too am locked out.
So there's something happening between the versions and yet 7.5 gets in from outside, no problem.
Could there be port issues beyond those of 5003 and 16000 16001 that need to be open on the network or to the outside?
Lost the better part of a day trying to get this to work. I've turned to this forum before for excellent advice so I raise my hands and hope.
- Title:Logout and LoginYour post:I have an application that needs to stay up during the day, but allow users to login and out. I would like to have the application login them out after no activity over 5 min or have a logout button. But I don't want to have to close Filemaker and re-connect to the Remote Host. That takes too long. In fact my company hates that step and would like me to have something on the desktop that would start the database application without all the other steps of starting filemaker, selecting the remote server if anyone knows how to do that. This is a retail environment running OSX on the back end and Windows Xp on the front end. What I would like is to have Filemaker start with windows and run a login screen for the application. Really need the help if anyone has ideas on how to accomplish this.
- Title:Installed Server 9 and cant seem to use the test database.Your post:
I just installed server 9 for Mac Server. The install was fine. When I try to test I cant a dialog saying the program associated cant be found.
I also tried loggin from a remote computer but cant seem to find the host. Im new at this. I have Server version 5. Any thoughts on converting the database or server software.
Thanks in advance everyone.
- Title:Error Code 22 Starting FileMaker Server 5.5Your post:
We have had FM 5.5 Server running for several years now. Unfortunately, this morning the Remote server is not available to the users. I checked the server and FM Server service wasn't running. I try to start it and receive "Windows could not start the FileMaker Server on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 22."
In looking at the FileMaker Server Console...
* I have an Event ID 36 saying that "TCP/IP Network initialization failed; the TCP/IP address is already in use or an address could not be obtained." followed by...
* Event ID 91, "FileMaker Server quitting! Network initialization failed; an unexpected error occured."
In looking at the System Event Log I have...
* Event ID 7024 saying "The FileMaker Service terminated with service-specific error 22.
We have rebooted several times, changed the logon and password for the service, verirfied that we do not have a duplicate IP address on the network...Anyone have a suggestion?
- Title:Instant Web Publishing Options Greyed Out After ChangesYour post:
We recently made a change to the IWP session timeout on two of our FileMaker Server Advanced 10 systems. After increasing the timeout value from 20 to 60 minutes, we selected Save and the system seemed to accept the change and resume regular operation.
However, when we returned back to the same tab all options are not greyed out. The system seems to be running fine, but we needed to restart the FileMaker service before the options became available for editing again. Has anyone else encountered this issue or know of a less intrusive way of fixing it? Thanks!
We are running the server on Windows Server 2003.
NOTE: we restarted the FileMaker database on the development server and the panel was restored to normal; however, we don't want to kick the production users off with a DB restart if at all possible.
- Title:Database encryptionYour post:I use FM Server Advanced 10.0 and want to encrypt one of my 8 databases. I regularly back it up to a removable hard drive and want to be sure it is encrypted incase the removable is misplaced or stolen. I have looked at some third party apps but wonder if anyone has any recommendation or experience with any particular tool or technique which works well in a Mac environment.
- Title:PHP and IWPYour post:
Just wondering what the major differences are between these two technologies. I have used IWP in FMP 8 although it is easy to set up the end product leaves a little to be desired it terms of end user experience. Does PHP site assistant fare better?
- Title:Data base can not be opened?Your post:
Hi, I have FMS 9 running, and I have uploaded a DB that was created in FM 10. But I can't seem to have it "open" (Normal) It shows itself as Closed, with no check marks across, and when ever I try to open it in any way, nothing happens.
I have other DB's in there that were made with FM9 and they are open.
What am i missing?