- My Stuff
- Mes infos
- Meine Infos
- FileMaker - English
- FileMaker - French
- FileMaker - German
- FileMaker - Italian
- FileMaker - Japanese
- FileMaker - Spanish
- Bento - English
- Bento - French
- Bento - German
- Bento - Italian
- Bento - Japanese
- Bento - Spanish
- 1-3 of 3
- Forum use rules100%Forum use rules
FileMaker Forum and Knowledge Base Support Site Use Agreement
(revised 6 February 2013)
This FileMaker Support Site Use Agreement ("Agreement") provides important information about your use of the FileMaker Forum and Knowledge Base site ("Site"). You should read it, understand it, and consider printing a reference copy as you use the Site.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MUST ACCEPT IT AS PRESENTED TO YOU, WITHOUT CHANGES. FILEMAKER WILL ACCEPT NO ADDITIONS OR DELETIONS. At any time FileMaker may change, add, or remove any part of this Agreement or any part of the services and features provided at the Site. If it does so, FileMaker will update the Agreement here (and may also post such changes elsewhere on the Site.
IF ANY FUTURE CHANGE IS UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOU SHOULD DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE WILL ALWAYS INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY CHANGES TO IT.
A. As long as you comply with the Agreement, FileMaker grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited privilege to enter and use the Site.
D. Views expressed on the Site are not endorsed by FileMaker.
E. FileMaker does not prescreen information submitted by users of the Site (“Submissions”). FileMaker retains the right, but not the responsibility, to edit or remove any Submission, including those deemed by FileMaker to violate the Agreement. FileMaker will make good faith efforts to investigate allegations that Submissions violate the Agreement but (a) makes no warranty to you that it will edit, remove, or continue to permit the display of any specific Submission, whether or not subject to such allegations, and (b) will have no liability whatsoever for editing, removing, or continuing to permit the display of any Submission whatsoever.
- FileMaker involvement. FileMaker does not formally provide technical support on the Site. However, any information that is provided by FileMaker or FileMaker employees is offered on an “AS IS” basis without warranties of any kind.
- From time to time FileMaker may communicate with you personally concerning your participation in the Site or related matters. Those communications are not intended to be made public, and you agree not to post or otherwise disseminate those communications on the Site or elsewhere on the Internet.
A. Stay on topic. FileMaker Discussions is here to help people use FileMaker products and technologies more effectively. Unless otherwise noted, do not add Submissions about nontechnical topics, including:
Speculations or rumors about unannounced products.
Discussions of FileMaker policies or procedures or speculation on FileMaker decisions.
B. Be polite. Everyone should feel comfortable reading Submissions and participating in discussions. FileMaker will not tolerate flames or other inappropriate statements, material, or links. Most often, a "flame" is simply a statement that is taunting and thus arbitrarily inflammatory. However, this also includes those which are libelous, defamatory, indecent, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, hateful, objectionable, discriminatory, abusive, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or offensive in a sexual, racial, cultural, or ethnic context.
C. Post constructive comments and questions. Unless otherwise noted, your Submission should either be a technical support question or a technical support answer. Constructive feedback about product features is welcome as well. If your Submission contains the phrase “I’m sorry for the rant, but…” you are likely in violation of this policy.
D. Do not post polls or petitions or links to same.
a. Test your answer. When possible, make sure your Submission works on your own computer before you post it.
E. No advertising. Do not use the Site to sell or market your products to others and do not post a URL unless it directly answers a user’s question. If any portion of your Submission, including any posted URL, results in any accrual of compensation or benefit to you, you must note this in your post by stating, “I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.” As well, the following are not allowed:
i. A submission created solely to advertise a book, service, software or some other item for sale.
ii. Any reference, including a link, to a commercial item that is not directly related to a relevant technical support question or answer. For example: “This post created by Super Post Creator.”
iii. You may sign your Submissions with information about yourself. However, this should not include a link to a website*. An example of an acceptable signature: “John Q. Public. It was the best of times,…”
* Community Leaders, with prior approval from FileMaker, Inc., may post links in their signature.
- No inappropriate user names (“Aliases”) or impersonations. Inappropriate or offensive user names or aliases will be removed and persons attempting to impersonate another user will be removed. User names may not contain website, email addresses or other contact information.
- Community Leaders. From time-to-time FileMaker may designate certain members as a Leader, or other valued member of the FileMaker Forum. This designation does not create an employee or agency relationship between FileMaker and this member, nor does it make this member a company spokesperson. Instead, the designation allows the FileMaker Forum community to know which members have been helpful, have provided constructive advice and have set a positive example for FileMaker Forums. Like any information posted of FileMaker Forums, the opinions and advice provide by these members are their own. This content is the sole responsibility of the Leader or other valued member, and anything stated in the Support Site Use Agreement applies the same to the content posted by the these members.
- No flaming. Do not post messages with no relevant value other than to incite a controversial reaction. This includes topics directed at our competitors and/or our partners' competitors, or any specific persons, companies or other entities. This Site is made available for discussion of FileMaker products and services. Excessive postings advocating or suggesting the use of a competitor's product are deemed inappropriate. Do not disrupt the normal flow of dialogue on the Site or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other participants. Do not post repetitive messages or repeat postings of substantially similar messages. FileMaker reserves the right to edit/delete any of the posts/threads described in this section at FileMaker's discretion.
3. Keep within the Law
- No material may be submitted that is intended to promote or commit an illegal act.
i. Do not submit software or descriptions of processes that break or otherwise ‘work around’ digital rights management software or hardware.
ii. Do not post defamatory material.
b. Material submitted must be your own work or work to which you have a license. You warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the information contained in your Submission.
c. License to Use Submission. By sending a Submission to the Site you agree to grant FileMaker a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the Submission. If you do not want to grant to FileMaker the rights set out above, do not send your Submission to the Site.
a. You must be at least 13 years old to post to the Site. If you are over 13 years old but have not yet reached the age of majority, you must have your parent or guardian’s permissions to post to the Site.
b. Never reveal any personal information.
C. Interference with the Site.
a. You agree to not interfere with or disrupt the Site.
b. FileMaker may provide a system whereby users acquire points for various activities.
i. Do not ‘game’ the system. You agree to not create multiple IDs or otherwise manipulate the points system.
ii. Do not ask for points. If you feel the system is not clear to users, please provide feedback to FileMaker; do not instruct other users unless they ask.
D. Breach of the Agreement
a. If you fail to abide by these terms FileMaker may remove your submission. FileMaker may also send an e-mail that informs you that your Submission has been deleted or edited. Repeated inappropriate Submissions may result in your relevant account or accounts being placed into temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of the areas on the Site.
b. If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to the Site or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior which FileMaker considers to be serious and/or repeated, FileMaker may use all available information about you to stop any further infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school, Internet service provider, or law enforcement authorities of the infringement.
FileMaker reserves the right to delete any Submission, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
- Do I Need To Register To Use This Forum?
No, you do not need to register to view this forum. However, if you want to participate and post a question or reply, you will need to register. Here are some other benefits to registering:
- If a fix to a problem becomes available, we can email you so you don't have to keep checking back.
- Your email address remains private unless YOU want others to see it. We are very serious and committed to maintaining your privacy.
- Our chats allow you to have private conversations without revealing your email address.
- Do the right thingThis forum is intended to help everyone get the most from Bento. To keep this fun and useful, we ask that you follow a few simple rules:
1. Be nice. Please treat others the way you would like to be treated.
2. No question is a dumb question. Everyone is at some stage of learning the product and working towards the same goal - acquiring a better knowledge of Bento. Please help others reach that goal. Condescending attitudes will be frowned upon. See Rule #1.
3. For every person that asks a question, there are many silent ones who are afraid to ask. If you know the answer to a question, please feel free to provide an answer, and, if applicible, an example. Not only will the original poster (and silent ones) be grateful, but another user may provide a different example which may help you.
4. Feel free to provide a little background to your question. By doing so, you may receive a reply from someone who faced the same scenario, or an insight that may make you look at your problem from a different perspective.
5. Everyone has an opinion. It's okay to disagree. We enjoy a good debate. However, please leave out non-related topics that can lead to flame wars - especially politics and religion. Again, see rule #1.
6. Everyone makes mistakes. That's what makes us human. If you say something in the heat of the moment or give out inaccurate information, you will be forgiven. But please try to limit the number of mistakes.
7. Please... no spam. Period.
8. Don't run with scissors.
9. For everything else, see Rule #1.