This is a public Forum  publicRSS

Forum post

mgondek
    Lost PasswordAnswered
    Forum post posted November 4, 2008 by mgondek , last edited February 9, 2012
    24470 Views, 8 Comments
    Title:
    Lost Password
    Obviously I am not the only one this happened to with so many products out there that reset or recover the filemaker password. I just dont trust buying frrm these 3rd parties, as I recently scammed on some video editing software.

The problemis that, I unchecked the file >> file options "log in using" prompt on the file and closed it. Now when I open it I get asked for a password, and I honestly created this database 10 years ago.

I unchecked the "Log in Using" prompt because of an anoying networking pop up that would come up every time I opened the file, but it was late and I was nto thinking. Chrsitmas time is coming, and I need access to my mailing list, can anyone help or unlock my database for me if I email you the file.

Best Answer

mgondek

Thankyou very much.

I beleie this is the correct URL 

http://www.lostpassword.com/filemaker.htm

Answer

• TSGal

mgondek:

Thank you for your post.

FileMaker does not reset or recover passwords to a database file.

The only exception is if your file is damaged, and ordinary "Recover" does not fix the file.  In that case, we try to keep the password information intact and restore the file.  The cost is $500.00 US.  Since you are not receiving an error, this would not apply.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• mgondek

Thankyou for replying.

Anyone else out there have a solution????

• melindab

I use Passware to reset passwords of files I dont know the password of.

It creates new passwords but at least it tells you what they are!

The software doesnt cost very much to buy but I'd be happy to help if I can.

• mgondek

Thankyou very much.

I beleie this is the correct URL 

http://www.lostpassword.com/filemaker.htm

• JohnnyK

Does anyone know of a version of this for OS X (mac)?

Cheers,

• cparise

Did you ever find a way to recover your password for Filemaker Pro on a Mac?  

• PhilModJunk

This is yet another example of why we need to have back up copies of our work. If we have another copy backed up, then in a case like this, we can simply open the back up  copy and check it's password settings.

• Susan

There are three way for you.

Usually, we can recover Windows admin password in two traditional ways. The first is to change Windows password with another admin account; the second is to recover the previous password with the windows password reset disk that had been created before you forgot the password. Take Windows XP for example,

1 At the Windows XP login prompt when the password is entered incorrectly click the reset button in the login failed window.

2 Insert the password reset diskette into the computer and click Next.

3 If the correct diskette Windows XP will open a window prompting for the new password you wish to use.

However, we offen ignore the important of security until we have been locked out of computer. Fortunately, there is still the last way that can unlock your computer without reinstalling - erase Windows password with Windows password recovery CD, which can recover admin password for Windows 7/XP/Vista/NT/2000/2003.... Take Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0 for example, followings are the steps to create the reset CD

1.Download Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0 from Official site http://.www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com

2.Decompress the Windows password Recovery Tool and note that there is an .ISO image file. Burn the image file onto an blank CD with the burner freely supported by PasswordSeeker

3.Insert the newly created CD into the locked computer and re-boot it from the CD drive.

4.After launched the CD, a window pop up with all your account names(if you have several accounts) select one of the accounts that you have forgotten its password to reset it. Just one press, this software can remove screen password instantly.

Personally, I prefer to use the third way. It is fast and safe.