This is a public Forum  publicRSS

Forum post

jwohlfeil
    Background image on FM GO for iPad is cutting off
    Forum post posted August 30, 2010 by jwohlfeil, last edited February 9, 2012 
    1862 Views, 15 Comments
    Title:
    Background image on FM GO for iPad is cutting off
    Transporting a FMPA 10 layout in Kiosk mode over to the iPad via FM GO works just fine. However we're having the background image cut off on the bottom. And depending if you zoom in our out, the "cutting off point" changes.

Any solution to keep the full screen, background image in place, centered when loading on the iPad.

Answer

• TSGal

jwohlfeil:

Thank you for your post.

Is the background image anchored on any side?  Does your Layout contain a Header?  Footer?  Only Body?  Is the Layout measurement made for an iPad?  Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
      FileMaker, Inc.

• jwohlfeil

Well, thats kinda what I'm struggling with. I have an image that is formatted for the ipad (768x1024) and I placed the image and sent it to the back. When it comes over to the iPad the top portion looks fine, then it cuts off the bottom.

The picture is anchored to the right, but I didn't set that up (that I know of), I'd like it centered. Only Body.

I did not set a specific measurement for the layout.

• TSGal

jwohifiel:

A little will be cut off from the bottom because the area below the Status Bar (name of file, close file, options) cannot be removed.  Therefore, make the image a little smaller than 1024 pixels in height.

In the FileMaker Go Technical Brief, page 18 gives the correct dimensions.  That is,

iPad Portrait (toolbar showing): width 768, height 929

iPad Portrait (toolbar hidden): width 768, height 973

iPad Landscape (toolbar showing): width 1024, height 673

iPad Landscape (toolbar hidden): width 1024, height 717

For more information, see the FileMaker Go Technical Brief online at:

http://www.filemaker.com/products/filemaker-go/docs/techbrief_filemaker_go_en.pdf

Setting the image to the right is fine, but if you turn the iPad to Landscape, the image will be against the right edge.  If you have fields in a specific location, that are set for anchored left and right, you may also want to set your background image to also be anchored left and right.

TSGal
      FileMaker, Inc.

• jwohlfeil

Thanks for the info - I was able to re-design the background graphic to work around this problem. But what is happening doesn't seem to be cutting off because the graphic was too large, in fact, as you zoom in it cuts it off at different places in the graphic. It's only showing the top 1/3 of the graphic.

Easy fix, design a graphic that is only the size of the top 1/3 of the page.

• TSGal

jwohlfeil:

I am not able to replicate this.  If I set the image to 1024 by 717, hide the Toolbar, and set the Body height to 717, the entire graphic displays.  That is, nothing gets cut off.  I can zoom in and scroll to different parts of the Layout and see the entire image.

What measurements do you have for the different parts (Body, Footer, Header, etc.) on the Layout?  I'll try to set it up similarly.

TSGal
      FileMaker, Inc.

• Bonnie Mohnsen

I have the same problem -----

I have a head, body, and footer --- total height - 681 (580x681)

As I enlarge it - I loss the color in the bottom half - if you have an email - I can send you the file.

It happens in landscape and portrait. I have tried with the background locked and unlocked.

It is anchored top and left

• TSGal

Bonnie Mohnsen:

Thank you for your post.

Please check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
      FileMaker, Inc.

• TSGal

Bonnie Mohnsen:

I received your file.  Thank you.

The top of the green box/image is touching the Header, so it is part of the Header.  In Layout Mode, I selected the object, pressed the down arrow key a three or four times and went to Browse.  I then shared the file and accessed the file using FileMaker Go on an iPad and the box no longer gets cut off.

Let me know if you continue to have difficulty.  If you want, I'll have the modified file returned to you.

TSGal
      FileMaker, Inc.

• Bonnie Mohnsen

awesome - I will give it a try - thank you so much for your time and promptness

• Pierre Ronnefalk

Hi,

I have the same problem ... a big picture in background in size above (or little smaller) an the picture is cut in half / middle of screen.