This is a public Forum  publicRSS

Forum post

Peggi Hall
    Current Date to use in a formulaAnswered
    Forum post posted July 13, 2011 by Peggi Hall, last edited February 9, 2012 
    500 Views, 3 Comments
    Title:
    Current Date to use in a formula
    Can anyone tell me how to put the current date according to the computer clock in a layout and then use it in a calculation field. 

I can insert the date symbol // but then there is no way to use that in the formula that says if Check in Date >1/1/2011 and Check out date is greater than todays date.  In the old Filemaker just used Today and it worked fine but this FMP 11 is all different.  Basically I just want a field that has the current date in it so I can calc different ways.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Best Answer

PhilModJunk

Get ( CurrentDate )

In an unstored calculation field (not a date field with an auto-entered calculation), will return the system clock's date.

Answer

• Brian Curran

I'm guessing this is for checking customers in and out of a hotel and you want to force your users to get the dates right?

You could set the field up to Auto Enter a 'Creation' date or maybe a 'Modification' date.
      On your layout, edit the the field to a 'Drop-down Calendar' so that the user can simply pick the relevant date if it needs to be changed...

• PhilModJunk

Get ( CurrentDate )

In an unstored calculation field (not a date field with an auto-entered calculation), will return the system clock's date.

• Peggi Hall

Wow, unstored it and it made all the difference.  Thank you so much.