This is a public Forum  publicRSS

Forum post

shikauhr
    Bento 3 and Android
    Forum post posted December 11, 2009 by shikauhr, last edited March 19, 2012 
    12863 Views, 44 Comments
    Title:
    Bento 3 and Android
    Your post:

Does anyone know if FileMaker will be making a release of Bento 3 for use on the Android phones?  I have an HTC MyTouch 3G phone and I use Bento 3 on my MacBook.  It would make things easier if there was a version for this phone and I am not sure if the iPhone app will work on the Android.

Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Thumper Pruitt

Answer

• TSGal

shikauhr:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, there is no information available about Bento and Android phones.  I have forwarded your post to our Development and Product Management departments so they can consider this.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• Toby

I'd like to echo that - a version of Bento for Android would be useful and I think there will be a demand. I know that Bento is a Mac specific database, however, I think there could be considerable market - here's why:

• Very few easy databases available currently on the android platform. It has built in SQL, however, it is not easily useable by an end user. Lot's of specific databases are available, but they don't allow customization at all - I think there is probably a market for user definable flat file.
      • Android is an open source OS and wide adpoption is starting, so it will have an expanding user base - but there are more than a million users on the platform already.
      • You folks make the best DB products on the planet. :)

I would be interested in your developers response to the idea - I can also understand if they will not consider at this time.

• TSGal

Toby:

Thank you for your post.

I have also forwarded your entire post to our Development and Product Management departments so they can consider the Android in a future release.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• bardoom

I am currently working for a restaurant that is using bento as a recipe database. I am currently being considered for a management position and would love nothing more than to be able to utilize this database on the my droid. 

• TSGal

bardoom:

Thank you for your post.

I have also forwarded your post to our Development and Product Management departments for consideration.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• jeffdonthemic

+1 for Bento on Android. I'd pay for it. I'm writing my own DB apps on Android instead of using Bento.

• TSGal

jeffdonthemic:

Thank you for your post.

I have also forwarded your post to Development and Product Management for consideration.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• Jennifer1

I'd like to drop my vote in for an Android-compatible Bento too please!

Thank you,

Jennifer

• TSGal

Jennifer1:

I have also forwarded your post to our Development and Product Management departments.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• Carin Glick

I have been using the trial version of Bento and am very interested in purchasing it. My only hesitation is that I just switched from the iPhone to the htc Evo 4G, which is why I came to this forum to search out information on a compatible android version of Bento. So, add me to the list of people very much wishing for an Android version. I am now looking to see if there are any other database programs that work well on a Macbook and also have an Android version. I may still purchase Bento if I can't find anything better...and hope for a phone version to happen... soon.