This is a public Forum  publicRSS

Forum post

cbbob
    Time SheetAnswered
    Forum post posted January 10, 2010 by cbbob, last edited February 9, 2012 
    262 Views, 5 Comments
    Title:
    Time Sheet
    I'm using Bento 2 and just downloaded "Time Sheet". I tried to insert the name of the client in but it won't go in. I tried everything. Is there a help sheet for this download? Thanks

Best Answer

Jade

It looks like the "Client" field has been setup on the template as a choice field.

When you click the field, there should be a drop-down menu with "Edit Field" at the bottom of the list.  Choose this and then enter your client's name in the "Set Options" table.  (Click the small + button at the bottom this table first to add a new name.)

Answer

• Jade

It looks like the "Client" field has been setup on the template as a choice field.

When you click the field, there should be a drop-down menu with "Edit Field" at the bottom of the list.  Choose this and then enter your client's name in the "Set Options" table.  (Click the small + button at the bottom this table first to add a new name.)

• cbbob
      Thanks Jade for the help
    • Jade

Hi,

You may find this approach rather restrictive if you have many clients.  Consider deleting this field and replacing it by a Related Data field of the Address Book library (or one of its collections) so that you can link to the customers in your Address Book instead.

• mazirra khan

Mulitply time sheet entry?

Can you provide a way to enter timesheets for a whole week (we do timesheets on a weekly basis) .. right now everytime we need to use Edit TimeSheet and then add for a day and then save, then repeat. Its a little cumbersome.

What would be great is if we get a Journyx like functionality wherein in Edit timesheet we can add multiple line items .. even better would be to have a weekly view with dates filled in based on timesheet week.

• TSGal

mazirra khan:

Thank you for your post.

I just downloaded the Time Sheet 2 template from the Bento Template Exchange and installed it.  I don't see an option to "Edit TimeSheet", so I'm not sure what template you are viewing.  If you want a layout with multiple lines, you can either create a Related Data field that links to another Library with Time Sheet information, or use a Simple List field.  Either way, you would still have to enter the "timesheet week".

TSGal
      FileMaker, Inc.