This is a public Forum  publicRSS

Forum post

Mork Afur
    Do you want to save changes to this layout?
    Forum post posted December 23, 2012 by Mork Afur, last edited December 23, 2012 
    133 Views, 6 Comments
    Title:
    Do you want to save changes to this layout?
    In may FMP databases I get this message when I change layouts -- even though in Preferences I have this setting checked to "save layout changes automatically (do not ask)".

I've tried to toggle this setting off and on, etc., but that doesn't help.

Is this a bug? Why isn't FMP respecting this preference?

Thanks,

- m

Answer

• PhilModJunk

Not a preference that I choose to use, but I just did a quick test in FileMaker 12 on Windows 7. I enabled the preference, entered layout mode, changed some layout text, returned to browse mode and no dialog asking if I wanted to save the changes appeared.

• Mork Afur

Clearly a bug/problem in the Mac version then.

I don't use it in all DBs, but the setting works properly in most of them.

Thanks,

-m

• PhilModJunk

Well that's what Report An Issue (see tabs at to of your screen) is intended for:frown

• Rick Whitelaw

I enable this preference in FMA version 12.03 running OS X 10.7.5 and it works as expected. Always has since FM 8.0.

• Mork Afur

Only seems to happen on some Databases, but not all.

Appreciate your reply. I'm running 12.0.3 as well, Mac 10.8.2.

Thanks,

-m

• PhilModJunk

What happens if you recover the file? If it only happens on certain files and not others on the same computer, it may be an issue with the individual file.

Since this is a preferences setting, you might also trash the preferences file For FileMaker on your computer and see if that makes a difference.